1_London-Bridge-killer-named-as-convicted-terrorist-Usman-Khan.jpg


The Islamic State has claimed responsibility for Usman Khan’s knife-wielding attack on London Bridge, the group’s AMAQ news agency has reported.

ISIS have reportedly said Friday’s attack was carried out by one of its fighters.

The news service reports the attack was carried out in response to calls to target countries that have been part of a coalition fighting against the group.

Khan was shot dead by armed police officers in the capital shortly after 2pm.

He killed two people, Jack Merritt, and an unidentified woman in the horror November 29 attack, as well as injuring three others.

Khan was shot dead by armed police officers

Cops opened fire on Khan after a group of heroic members of the public wrestled him to the ground.

Khan targeted rehabilitation group Learning Together and was wearing a hoax suicide vest during the attack.

The unit involved in killing Khan were part of an armed patrol roaming the area.

Dramatic footage showed armed officers arriving on scene and clearing the bridge before shooting the 28-year-old madman dead.

Khan was shot dead by armed police officers in the capital shortly after 2pm

Read More

London Bridge attack – latest

Eye-witnesses reportedly saw a woman drenched in blood being carried away from the scene by medics.

One man in particular has been hailed as the London Bridge hero after he risked his life and tackled the crazed knife man.

The mystery man “ran through traffic” and crossed both carriageways before seizing the weapon.

Other members of the public grabbed whatever they could find and marched towards the knifeman.

Videos from the scene show one man spraying Khan with a fire extinguisher while the other hit him with a 6ft long narwhal tusk.

Met Police chief Dame Cressida Dick thanked members of the public for their bravery in the face of adversity.

She said: “I also want to thank the members of the public who have helped — either by showing extraordinary courage by stepping in or by following the instructions they’ve been given by officers at the scene and in the area.

“This support from our public assists us more than you could know.”

Jack Merritt was killed in the horror November 29 attack

Police are not thought to be “actively seeking anyone else” over the attack but they have been searching a three-storey block of flats in Wolverhampton Khan is believed to have lived.

The attack came weeks after the UK’s terrorism threat level was downgraded to substantial from severe.

Khan was released in December 2018 after being imprisoned for his role in the 2010 London Stock Exchange bomb plot.

The murderous terrorist had been let out after he agreed to be monitored by authorities with an electronic tag.



Source link

About the Author:

Leave a Reply