040715_root_co2_640.jpg


Tragedy struck a family in Alaska last week from an unlikely source: their refrigerator.

The propane-powered appliance at their cabin near Big Lake started leaking carbon monoxide, causing the death of a 10-year-old boy and sickening other family members, the Alaska Dispatch News reported.

When Sarah Kleb’s daughter Caroline complained of a headache last Saturday, followed by her son, Gavin, vomiting, she assumed the family had caught the flu.

Instead, carbon monoxide — an odorless gas — had leaked into the cabin from the refrigerator, investigators later determined.

Sarah and Caroline recovered, but Gavin died.

The cabin did not have a carbon monoxide detector installed.

Click here for more from the Alaska Dispatch News.



Source link

About the Author:

Leave a Reply


Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 17953 bytes) in /home/conserv/public_html/wp-includes/wp-db.php on line 1852